Who we are
OTM Consulting, a division of The Science Group plc, is an international advisory company focusing on the development and deployment of technology in the upstream oil and gas industry. With over 22 years of industry experience, we help Energy and Chemical companies to maximise the value from their investments in R&D and technology. Our services aim to help our clients understand market & technology opportunities, trends and risks; decide which technologies to invest in and how; develop innovative technology solutions and manage complex R&D programs; and deploy technologies better and faster. With science and technology at the core of everything we do, we are committed to delivering insight and innovation and are passionate about seeing R&D serve our industry.
OTM’s success is driven by our world-class employees. We’re looking for exceptional, hard-working and hands-on scientists and engineers who will flourish in a dynamic and stimulating environment. OTM’s ‘DNA’ is characterised by our focus on chemicals and energy, our technology expertise and our passion. Successful candidates will share these qualities.
We are currently seeking to recruit a Consultant to join the team in our Epsom office. The team has a specific focus on technology advisory services (as described above) in the Chemical and Energy Sector, although there is also the opportunity to work in the consumer and industrial sectors.
Key duties & responsibilities
- Conduct market analysis and business planning (e.g. conducting primary and secondary research, data gathering, state-of-the-art analyses, interviewing, technology/ competitor analysis, demand analysis)
- Produce reports, Excel based models, presentations and documentation to a high standard
- Liaise and work with the client and client technical team during the course of a project
- Provide advice to the client on strategies relating to our clients’ technology investments
- Contribute to (and eventually take a lead on) thought leadership initiatives such as industry white papers
- Make specific contributions and manage tasks as part of an international multi-disciplinary team
- Deliver project tasks within specified time-scales and budget
- Able to take responsibility for a small part of a project and produce high-quality deliverables, with strong attention to detail
- Support business development activity by providing pre-sales input
Experience & qualifications
We expect candidates to be degree qualified in a relevant engineering, science or technology management discipline (examples include, but are not limited to, mechanical engineering, petroleum engineering, chemical engineering, physics etc.). Strong analytical skills are of particular importance to the role of a consultant, as is the ability to communicate the findings of such analyses. The required communication ability will be in the form of both written reports and orally delivered presentations, as well as intra-team cooperation. Candidates with 1.5 - 3 years industrial experience in oil and gas (ideally in an oil company or a service company) would be particularly welcome.
The candidate will have the following experience and qualifications:
- 12-18 months+ experience in Energy and Chemical industry OR Analytical / Consultancy professional services industry
- Exposure to the oil and gas sector would be advantageous
- Experience working on multiple projects concurrently
- Experience working within multidisciplinary teams, contributing to and multi-tasking across projects, across a variety of locations
- Experience of managing part of projects or work packages to tight timescales and budgets
- Enthusiasm around science and technology and how it contributes to the industry
- Clarity of written and verbal presentation skills, including a positive and confident manner
- Ability to speak a second language would be advantageous but not essential
- Technical background who has an understanding and can show how that translates into the commercial world
We are committed to career development and make a focused effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.