Who We Are
Oakland Innovation Ltd, a division of Science Group plc and operating under the OTM Consulting and Oakland Innovation brands, work with some of the best-known global corporations in energy, chemical, medical, industrial and consumer markets. As a strategic technology advisory, we help R&D, technology and business teams identify, define and deliver opportunities that offer competitive advantage for their business by maximising returns from R&D investment. Our approach combines our science, technology and industry expertise with established consulting processes and insights drawn from experts around the world.
Oakland Innovation is seeking a US-based sales professional to identify and pursue oil & gas, energy and chemicals opportunities across the US market, build meaningful client relationships and deliver significant personal sales. The successful individual will work from either our Houston or Washington DC offices and liaise with, and travel to, our UK headquarters from time to time. The role will require extensive travel throughout the US to build client relationships with a focus in the Houston area.
• Identify likely prospective clients and establishing initial contact
• Prospect for sales opportunities within new and existing clients; developing strong relationships with senior executives and key client stakeholders within clients buying process
• Arrange and lead meetings, presenting our capabilities, and identifying clients’ needs
• Work with our commercial teams and consultants to sell solutions that meet identified client needs
• Network and build relationships within client organizations to deliver on-going business growth
• Influence the development of Oakland’s growing capabilities as it relates to the market’s changing needs
• Deliver upon agreed personal sales target
Experience & Qualifications
We prefer candidates to have either a BS or MS in a technical or science discipline, ideally in chemical or process engineering, but this is not a requirement and equivalent experience will be considered.
• Considerable experience in a new business development role in a technology and/or business consulting environment;
• A proven track record of leading and closing sales to deliver significant (preferably consulting) revenue streams together with a real passion for building cutting-edge technology into successful commercial products;
• Will have established knowledge and experience in oil & gas, energy or chemical sectors and have an understanding of industry issues and the ability to develop a consulting response to these;
• Must possess relevant industry or technology background, e.g., have worked in a business development capacity for a consultancy or technology/ service company in the sector;
• Possess strong interpersonal communication skills, demonstrated ability to work in a consultative selling environment and a strong work ethic;
• Possess the skills to hunt for new business opportunities and foster relationships with existing clients;
• A confident, tenacious, robust individual able to build relationships internally and is a team player.
We are committed to career development and make a focussed effort to offer bespoke training and mentoring to allow each individual to thrive within their environment and realise personal potential.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package