We bring the industry together to collaborate, develop standards and recommended practices, to ensure that risk is driven out of new technology adoption and to enable widespread industry uptake and deployment.
OTM is uniquely positioned to assist in setting up and running networks and JIPs as we combine excellent technical knowledge with over 20 years’ experience in this area.
Our expertise encompasses:
- Ensuring the initiation and execution of a technically-strong network/JIP in a rapid time frame
- Ensuring the objectives of participants are met effectively in a timely manner
- Providing specialist advice and expertise in launch, workshop facilitation and agreements
- Marketing and promotion of the network/JIP to OTM’s many industry contacts
- Removing the administrative burden from members (so they can focus on key objectives)
- Providing additional services where required (e.g. SOTA reviews, technical due diligence, drafting standards docs, creating knowledge databases, advising on commercialisation)
Key achievements from our networks/JIPs include:
- New international industry standard on the MCS-DCS communications interface published by the MCS-DCS Interface Standardisation (MDIS) network
- New international industry standard on the design, testing and qualification of subsea power transformers published by the Subsea Electrical Power Standardisation Joint Industry Project (SEPS JIP)
- Three new Recommended Practices relating to downhole instrumentation, downhole encased cables and encased fibre published by the Advanced Well Equipment Standardisation (AWES) network