Career paths for experienced hires
At the beginning of a consultant's career, the role will involve technical, managerial and commercial elements allowing individuals to develop a good set of core skills and to get a feel for what works and which aspects of the role they want to develop further going forward.
As a consultant progresses within their career they may choose to specialise in a technical area such as subsea or deepwater. These are supported and developed within the business. Defining outline specialist competences and responsibilities allows development of expertise which is used to enhance the work we do and develops our market presence.
Graduate development scheme
At OTM, we recognise the value of recruiting bright, exciting graduates. The graduate development scheme has been created to assist you through the first stages of your career. It has been designed to support your development whilst allowing you to work on diverse and exciting projects.
We have a bespoke training plan and competency framework in place to support the scheme and we aim to give graduates a rounded view of the business and exposure to all our key offerings within their first year at OTM.
We encourage graduates to regularly gain feedback from team members, project managers and peers to help with continued development. We also expect you to be proactive and work closely with your manager to identify and plan areas of development, helping you to fulfil your potential.
So what can we offer you?
- The opportunity to work in multidisciplinary teams alongside experienced technical experts
- The chance to attend client meetings and undertake technical work to gain commercial understanding
- The opportunity to work across the Group as appropriate to gain an understanding of the full service offering
- Feedback and support process to allow personal growth and development
- Global travel opportunities
- Six monthly career and salary review
Interested? Find out more in our careers brochure below.